Psalm 5:12 For thou, LORD, wilt bless the righteous; with favour wilt thou compass him as with a shield.
FAVOR is defined as:
- Kind regard; kindness; countenance; propitious aspect; friendly disposition
- Support; defense; vindication; or disposition to aid, befriend, support, promote or justify
- Lenity; mildness or mitigation of punishment
- Leave; good will; a yielding or concession to another; pardon
- Advantage; convenience afforded for success
I believe you'd agree it'd be worth our while to obtain the FAVOR of Almighty God, and the book of Proverbs outlines 4 ways we can do so:
1. Being merciful and truthful
Proverbs 3:3-4 Let not mercy and truth forsake thee: bind them about thy neck; write them upon the table of thine heart: So shalt thou find favour and good understanding in the sight of God and man.
2. Seeking after wisdom
Proverbs 8:35 For whoso findeth me [wisdom, v. 1] findeth life, and shall obtain favour of the LORD.
3. Doing justly, loving mercy, walking humbly with God
Proverbs 12:2 A good man obtaineth favour of the LORD: but a man of wicked devices will he condemn.
Micah 6:8 He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?
4. Marrying a wife
Proverbs 18:22 Whoso findeth a wife findeth a good thing, and obtaineth favour of the LORD.
It is an amazing and a humbling thing to think that the Almighty God of heaven would compass me with His kind regard…His support…His defense…His good will…His advantage…What a worthwhile endeavor it would be for each of us to court HIS FAVOR!
And praise the Lord for allowing me to get in on #4. I love you, Lauren!