15 June 2011

Back At It


Ephesians 5:16 Redeeming the time, because the days are evil. 

Well, it’s been exactly 4 months since I lasted posted to the blog. 

It’s not that I haven’t been reading my Bible and getting something from it… 
And it’s not that I haven’t intended to pick it back up probably every single week for the last 4 months… 

It’s just that as a husband (about 4.5 years), father (almost 15 months), and youth pastor/assistant pastor (over 3.5 years), I’ve still got a lot to learn about so many things, one of which is time management and prioritization.   

It’s not that I haven’t been busy.  It’s not that at all.  But when I think of that as an excuse I’m reminded of people I know who have a LOT more on their plate than I do and still make the time to do whatever it is that God has given them.  (particularly reminded of this when I get the “Encouraging Words” posts from www.caryschmidt.com) 

So, I’ve got a stack of papers in my Bible with verses and thoughts and lists and studies to look into and write about.  Looking forward to getting back at it.  Hope some will follow along.  Trust we’ll all either start or continue to PRESS toward the mark (Phil 3:14) and follow HARD after God (Ps 63:8).

Brother David