Heard from many who made good use of the Bible Reading Companion posted here about a year ago. Hope it was a blessing to all who completed (or are about to complete) the program. If you happened to keep track of the mistakes and/or keep an answer key, please let me know.
HERE is a copy of the Bible Reading and Scripture Memory Program I designed for the teenagers at THE BIBLE Baptist Church for 2013. The reading program will take you through the Bible in a year. Each day includes a reading from the Old Testament and the New Testament. For each month, there is a set of about 6 scripture passages on a certain topic to be used in witnessing (all have sinned; Jesus died for sin; believe for salvation; etc.).
Feel free to print and/or distribute this, or put it to use in any way. Just send me an email if you need help figuring out how to print it off, and I'll do my best to walk you through.
And finally, here's an outline that's included in the back of the workbook.
WHAT THE BIBLE SAYS ABOUT ITSELF
· The Bible claims to be inspired by God (2 Timothy 3:16-17; 2 Peter 1:21). The phrase “saith the LORD” is used 815 times in the Bible.
· The Bible claims to be completely accurate (Psalm 33:4) to this very day. Every word of God is pure (Proverbs 30:5), and God has promised to preserve His pure words for this generation (Psalm 12:6-7).
· The Bible claims to be eternal (Psalm 119:89; Psalm 119:160; Psalm 12:6-7; Isaiah 40:8; Matthew 24:35).
· The Bible claims to have supernatural power (Hebrews 4:12; Isaiah 55:11; 1 Thessalonians 2:13).
· The Bible is far superior to the dreams or visions or words of man (2 Peter 1:16-19; Jeremiah 23:28; Romans 3:4).
· The Bible will be the standard used on the day of judgment (John 12:48; Revelation 20:11-15).
· God has magnified His word above His very name (Psalm 138:2 w/ Philippians 2:9-10). He strongly warns those who would add or take away from His word (Proverbs 30:6; Revelation 22:18-19).
WHAT THE BIBLE WILL DO FOR THE LOST
· Convert the soul (Psalm 19:7).
· Show the way of eternal life (John 5:39; 2 Timothy 3:15; 1 John 5:13).
· Bring about the new birth (1 Peter 1:21-23; James 1:18).
WHAT THE BIBLE WILL DO FOR THE SAVED
· Reveal God to man (1 Samuel 3:21).
· Reveal man to himself (James 1:21-25).
· Reveal God’s will to man (Ephesians 1:9; Ephesians 5:17; 1 Corinthians 10:11).
· Bless those who keep it (Revelation 1:3; Luke 11:28; James 1:25).
· Cleanse, sanctify, purify (John 15:3; John 17:17; Ephesians 5:26; Psalm 119:9-11).
· Increase man’s faith (Romans 10:17).
· Grant him freedom (John 8:31-32).
· Supply the believer’s growth (Acts 20:32; 1 Peter 2:1-2)
· Lead to good success and great reward (Joshua 1:8; Psalm 19:10)
· Bring comfort and hope (Romans 15:4)
THE BIBLE AS SPIRITUAL FOOD (Luke 4:4; Job 23:12)
o Milk (1 Peter 2:1)
o Bread (Matthew 4:4)
o Meat (Hebrews 5:13-14)
o Honey (Psalm 119:103)
o Apples (Proverbs 25:11)
THE BIBLE AS SPIRITUAL EQUIPMENT (2 Timothy 3:16-17):
o Sword (Ephesians 6:17)
o Lamp and light (Psalm 119:105)
o Fire and hammer (Jeremiah 23:29)
o Mirror (James 1:25)
o Rain (Isaiah 55:10-11)
o Compass (Psalm 119:133)
o Treasure (Proverbs 2:3-6)