05 August 2008

Proverbs 19.27 – 8.1.08

Proverbs 19:27

Cease, my son, to hear the instruction that causeth to err from the words of knowledge.

Paul makes a similar statement when he asks in Galatians 3:1, O foolish Galatians, who hath bewitched you, that ye should not obey the truth?

Very brief thought for today. Each of us has a copy of God's holy word. Each of us attends a good, Bible believing church where we hear good preaching from the word of God and fellowship with good Christian people. We each have the same Holy Spirit to guide us into all truth and bring God's words to our remembrance.

And yet there are times in our lives when all of that is not enough to make us do what's right. The question we need to ask ourselves is this: If I'm not listening to the preaching, if I'm not listening to the word of God, who am I listening to? What instruction am I receiving that is causing me to go the wrong way? Who is hindering me from obeying the truth?

Is it the wrong kind of friend(s)? Is it the news media? Is it Hollywood? Is it my own carnal nature? Is it my music? Who am I listening to instead of listening to God and why?

May we each identify that influence in our lives and rid ourselves of it by the grace of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment